The Free Legal Advice Centre is now accepting bookings for clinics starting from 2nd October 2017.
The Centre is now open and accepting bookings for clinics starting on 2nd October 2017 at the Outreach Building, 9B Holyrood Road, Edinburgh. Clinics will run most Mondays until 27th November 2017. Our clinic will then re-open in the New Year, with dates to be confirmed in due course.
- To arrange an appointment, please email email@example.com call 0800 073 0150 (voicemail only) and confirm your full name, postal address including post code, telephone number and a brief summary of the issue you are looking for advice on.
- The answerphone and mailbox are checked regularly and our Administrator will call or email you back to discuss any further information we need and what help we can offer and, if we can assist, possible appointment times.
- After you have agreed an appointment slot, you will receive a confirmation letter. Please bring this letter with you to your appointment as well as a form of identification and any other documents relevant to your query. The letter will also contain directions to the Centre. Directions can also be found here.
- At the appointment you will be able to discuss your problem with your student adviser. All information discussed at this appointment will be strictly confidential. Your student adviser will seek your permission if they need to contact anyone on your behalf.
- After your appointment you will receive an Initial Letter outlining the details of your case and what steps, if any, the Centre will be taking.
- This letter will be followed by an Advice Letter which will include advice, any further work that the Centre can do on your behalf, or any other organisations we could refer you to that specialise in your legal problem.
- Once your case has been dealt with or referred to another organisation, you will receive a final letter stating that the Centre has closed your case and is no longer acting on your behalf.
If you have any queries about obtaining advice from our Centre, please call our Freephone number on 0800 073 0150 (voicemail only) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.