Each year student representatives are selected from the Diploma student body to make up the Student Committee and an Operations Team.
The Student Committee perform a number of functions, including:
- Fundraising for the Centre to make sure the work can continue and new projects can be introduced
- Helping to decide and implement the direction of the Centre and new projects
- Working closely with Diploma staff to make sure that the Centre works for the benefit of both clients and all students who are involved
- Representing FLAC at free legal advice network conferences, award ceremonies and events
- Raising the profile of pro bono work of the Centre and others like it in our community and beyond
The Operations Team assists with:
- Administration of the Centre,
- Smooth running of cases and client appointments
- Case file management
- Supporting supervising solicitors and student advisers, ensuring they have everything necessary for interviews and cases.
These will be the individuals you’ll meet on the night of your appointment with your Student Adviser and Supervising Solicitor. They will make sure everything is in order before you are seen.